I get it…I really do! You’ve done your part by staying home, minimizing risk, and helped to flatten the curve. You’ve also accepted that your big, dream wedding isn’t happening this summer because of gathering limitations and travel bans.
But what do you do when you are really super attached to the date you chose this year? I know for many of my couples their date is symbolic – it’s the anniversary of the first time you met, or your first date, or the day you got engaged…whatever the reason, the date is significant and many aren’t willing to miss out on the chance to get married that day without at least trying to come up with a solution. While we are limited to gatherings of 5 people, we need to be creative to get you the celebration you will be excited about and cherish forever.
Well friends….have I got a solution for you!
I am currently helping couples create mini wedding experiences in their own backyards so they can get legally married on their 2020 date, celebrate with their friends and family members, and have a great story to tell!
Here are some of the ideas I have been sharing with my couples:
– Hang your twinkly lights and bring in some fab wedding décor
– Wear your wedding dress…or wear something simpler now and save your big dress for the big wedding celebration
– I have the best florist on call to create a lovely little bouquet and boutonniere for you to match your style and colours
– Don’t forget your makeup! I have an incredibly talented make up artist ready to teach you how to be your most gorgeous for your ceremony and photos!
– Share your ceremony with your loved ones on Zoom – there are 2 parts I have added to a very special ceremony that bring Zoomed guests in and let them participate from anywhere in the world!
– Hire a photographer who can also be one of your witnesses. I’ve got a guy…and you will have your raw images within a few days.
– Play your ceremony music and first dance song – put that playlist to good use – I know how hard you worked on it!
– Pop the champagne & tell Zoomed guests to have theirs ready too for the big moment to toast with you in the real time
– Set up a sweetheart table and bring in a catered dinner for two. Let your friends and family know to order the same dinner if possible – or order it for them to pick up at the restaurant or your place the day before. I have a fantastic caterer who will make a lovely dinner for you, to be popped in the oven and heated up whenever you are ready to eat!
– Order a mini wedding cake to cut and enjoy for dessert – don’t forget the custom cake topper!
– I will stay to help keep things organized and serve you your dinner before I slip out and leave you to bask in love!
I can help you with all of these arrangements and be your mini-wedding planner as well as Officiant! Message me to start the conversation and we will get the perfect mini-wedding created and planned for you!
You might also like…
Parental Estrangement and Wedding Drama
So What The Heck is a Wedding Coach?
Wedding Postponement Announcement Ideas
Holiday and Off Season Wedding Inspiration
Covid and Weddings – What to do?
Do you really need an Officiant at your rehearsal?
How to keep the busy bodies busy!
The Care and Feeding of Your Officiant
When Should You Book Your Officiant?
Who Let The Dogs In?
The Money Talk – Who Pays For What?
Honouring Your Loved Ones In Their Absence
Questions I Never Get Asked…And Wish I did!